2.11.2014

Prince of Knobs

I have a few decor hates.  Honey Oak wood stain, baby blue walls, carpet, and brass hardware.

I would love these throughout my house: 


Or these!



Please excuse me while I clean up the drool all over.
But do you see how much those are?!  Also, count how many doorknobs you have in your house.  Go ahead, I beat you have more than you think.

So instead we have these brass lovelies.



 Step 1: Remove screws

Step 2: Remove handle bits


Step 3: Unscrew and remove the locky bit (so technical aren't I?)


Step 4: Keep your bits together (especially if you are doing a whole floor at a time!)


Step 5: Number your knob hole and your knob bits (Trust me it will help later~)



Step Six: Get some cardboard to hold the knob bits


Step Seven:  Rough up your knobs with some fine grit sandpaper (so the paint has something to stick to)



Step Eight: Insert knobby bits into cardboard holder


Then SPRAY!

Light, even coats win the day btw.  You don't want drips, then you are going to be spending a fortune on replacement knobs when your husband gets home and discovers what a mess you made.



Bonus Step:  Marvel at your amazing timing - spray painting during an Atlanta snowstorm - while drafts come through your knob holes




And the results....SO worth it.

Only took about 2 hours (not including drying time) for 7 knobs or our whole downstairs.  Why didn't we do this before now??




No comments:

Post a Comment