2.11.2014

Womp womp. (Sometimes things are not super easy)

In this wild world of DIY there are some easy fixes.  

I thought this might have been one of them.


This is our kitchen island (j'cuse the mess) which is a great prep space and has pretty much convinced me I will always desire an island in all forthcoming kitchens.

It feels like it's missing something though on the backside.  See the granite overhang?  It just bugs me a but how it just sits there.


These are some shelf brackets we originally bought for the half bath (shelves).  I've already stained them and they had been staring at me from the garage for a few months.  Sometime last week the lightbulb in my head went ding!


Put the brackets under the granite!


I've become a command strip junkie, and I figured this would be the trick for hanging the brackets.  I didn't want to drill into the cabinet (it's pretty thin) and I haven't made a clamp purchase so I wasn't able to do glue.


And it didn't work.  Boo.  The strip was too thick to prevent a gap between the bracket and the island.

Oh well.  We will try the wood glue next time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment