5.07.2014

Living Room Fresh


Thinking back 3 short years to when we first purchased our home - I remember thinking that the living room was pretty dark.

And it was.  The color wasn't helping.



We have all these wonderful trees in our backyard that give us a lot of shade.  It's great for the electricity bill in the spring/summer/fall cooling season (because damn it gets hot hot hot).




We lived with the color for a little while - maybe a year or so - then just before Celeste was born, we started painting.

Manhattan Mist - Behr.





It perked it up right quick!!

So much fresher and brighter than before.


Curtains from Home Depot (too short but you can't tell behind the sectional), a rug from RugsUSA during their Cyber Monday sale.  Couch is I O Metro (a local chain) and table is Crate & Barrel.



Craig won't let me get right of the ceiling fan.  *sadface


I was going to re-do that painted slate around the hearth, but never quite got around to it.  Oh well, something for the next owners.


I'm actually pretty proud of Celeste's smallish pile of toys - it means I'm winning the war on clutter.




No comments:

Post a Comment